My Avatar

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

#11 Wrap Up


1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
 
It's hard to say which are my favorites. I use so many of the tools already in my virtual classes. I like the Voki avatars for introducing stuff of importance in my classes before they actually start. I will use Google Docs sharing for some lab collaborations and I do use things like Prezi and Brainshark for instruction in the classes. I have students use Prezi also, and I may introduce them to Brainshark so they can narrate their own power points. I used many of the PhET's for labs in the Online Physics course I created. And many more too numerous to mention.

2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?

In all honesty, it hasn’t transformed me at all. I am a Virtual Teacher, in a virtual classroom, already using many of the tools presented. I am also approved to take the Master Technology Teacher state certification because of prior training. I’ve attended various conferences that deal with technology in the classroom, including last year’s national Virtual School Symposium.
3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

No, there weren’t any unexpected outcomes that surprised me in this program.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, can I mention a website to you. Check out hippocampus.org. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have hippocampus physics videos embedded in the Physics course that was recently approved by TxVSN for inclusion in their course catalog. I've used hippocampus.org for the last 3-4 years... :) It's great!

    ReplyDelete